Zucchini is pretty much one of the most magical foods because it can be transformed into so many different things!
While it may seem like a simple, bland vegetable, zucchini has been all the rage recently. This is because it can be turned into a healthy substitute for so many foods.
But we’ve perfected a new zucchini recipe to add to yourrepertoire that turns its shredded green strands into taco shells!
Fans of southwestern fare can now enjoy making tacos, taquitos, and burritoscompletely guilt-free now that they can be wrapped up in these cool transformed tortillas.
So, if you are excited to make a healthier meal with your favorite taco fixings, check down below to learn our recipe!
- 4 cups of shredded zucchini
- 1 egg
- cup Parmesan cheese
- cup bread crumbs
- tsp. garlic powder
- tsp. freshly grated black pepper
- tsp. oregano
- tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Strain the shredded zucchini to remove the moisture.
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini, egg, Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and oregano with a wooden spoon.
- Place cup mounds of the zucchini mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- With a spoon, press down the mixture into a thin circle.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes, or until the shells look brown around the edges.
- Once baked, remove from oven, fill with your favorite foods, and enjoy!
And make sure to SHARE with fellow taco fans on Facebook!
Originally found athttp://littlethings.com/